oilan: (Default)
[personal profile] oilan
 “Youth is the season of friendships quickly forged and wounds quickly healed. In Courfeyrac’s company Marius breathed freely, something quite new for him. Courfeyrac asked no questions. He did not even think of it. At that age faces tell all straight away. Words are unnecessary. Of young men such as these you could say they have talkative faces. At a glance, they know each other.”  -Volume III, Book IV, Chapter III



 
Happy Barricade Day 2019 (though I'm posting a bit late over here)! Barricade Day almost passed me by this year, and when I remembered, I almost decided against doing something. I'm glad did anyway, though. This was a traditional two-parters and was meant to be painted last year, but I was too busy traveling and moving.

Courfeyrac and Marius' friendship is one of my favorites, and deserves more depictions. Despite it not happening too much in the brick, I think it would be very expected for Marius to feel Courfeyrac's loss greatly once he had recovered from his injuries and illness.

Date: 2019-06-10 11:09 am (UTC)
troisoiseaux: (Default)
From: [personal profile] troisoiseaux
Ooooh, I love your Marius! And oh my goodness, my heart... 😭😭😭

Date: 2019-06-11 12:26 am (UTC)
From: [personal profile] smithens
gaaaaah I love this so much sooooo so much

<3 <3 <3 I've always wanted an illustration to the head bandaging scene and now there is one and it's beautiful and by you!! And it has the boys in it.

god your marius is so cute i want to give him a cuddle

Date: 2019-06-11 04:52 am (UTC)
genarti: Enjolras, draped upside-down and dead out a window with a flag in hand, from the 2012 musical movie ([les mis] revolutionary drapery)
From: [personal profile] genarti
This is lovely and also HEARTBREAKING, HOW DARE (thank you for it it's so good).

I love everything about it, but I think my favorite thing is Marius's posture in both, so curled in on himself and sad and vaguely bewildered even when his back is technically straight. Oh Marius. :(

Profile

oilan: (Default)
oilan

July 2019

S M T W T F S
 123456
789 10111213
14151617181920
21 222324252627
28293031   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 9th, 2026 05:25 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios