Testing the new watercolor palette
Mar. 26th, 2019 08:59 pm As per
smithens ' suggestion, here's a little pastoral E/C to test my new palette!

I painted this way too small, but it's enough to know that I LOVE this new palette! I'm not sure it's enough to drag me away from my beloved liquid watercolors for larger pieces, but for sketching it's very nice. I tried to use every color at least a little bit, and they all seem to mesh well.. The convenience colors were well chosen and so this painting went very fast and easy. There is a lot of granulation happening, but again, I painted this very small, so the paper textures the pigments have settled into are comparatively large. Next time I'm going to go easier on the brown micron for the final details (using a fine watercolor brush would have been better), but overall I'm pleased. Mission accomplished!
I painted this way too small, but it's enough to know that I LOVE this new palette! I'm not sure it's enough to drag me away from my beloved liquid watercolors for larger pieces, but for sketching it's very nice. I tried to use every color at least a little bit, and they all seem to mesh well.. The convenience colors were well chosen and so this painting went very fast and easy. There is a lot of granulation happening, but again, I painted this very small, so the paper textures the pigments have settled into are comparatively large. Next time I'm going to go easier on the brown micron for the final details (using a fine watercolor brush would have been better), but overall I'm pleased. Mission accomplished!
no subject
Date: 2019-03-27 05:07 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2019-03-30 10:13 pm (UTC)But thank you-- I'm glad you liked it! Stirrup trousers are too fun, and I'm trying to get some sort of background in my sketches, even if it's just a sketchy one. Much better than just a boring wash of color!
no subject
Date: 2019-03-28 11:24 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2019-03-31 06:48 pm (UTC)But yay, I'm glad you like the scenery and the boys and their stirrup trousers <3